Responsible for: Play a key role in the preparation of tender submissions and ensuring the estimating process runs efficiently
Working hours: As required to successfully carry out the role, but generally between 8.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Thursday 4.00pm Friday.
Wage level: Competitive salary and remuneration package tailored to the successful candidate.
- GCSE Mathematics and English grade C or above.
- NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration / or a similar qualification.
- 5 years of previous experience working in a similar role within the fit-out/construction industry.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills, be a team player and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook.
JOB SUMMARY / KEY TASKS
- Ensure all relevant information relating to tenders is recorded on the tender database and documents are stored on the Company Server.
- Assist in PQQ submissions where required.
- Establish a point of contact with clients/client representatives for the tender process where appropriate.
- Ensure the tender process is followed working to Company ISO and IIP Policies.
- Assess tenders upon receipt and circulate them to relevant parties within the company in order to coordinate technical and non-technical responses to ensure submission of all requested information.
- Work closely with the Estimator throughout the tender process to ensure tenders are prepared and submitted in a timely professional manner.
- Liaise with the Estimator to agree on milestones and submission dates for subcontract work packages in line with the submission date.
- Send out subcontractor enquiries, once prepared by the Estimator, to a range of subcontractors and obtain subsequent quotations.
- Set deadlines to collate technical and non-technical documentation needed in support of the bid submission from internal departments and operational teams.
- A proactive approach to networking and developing of tender opportunities through existing contacts or by referral.
- Attend internal tender meetings/ project briefings as required.
- Web uploads of bid responses and control where appropriate.
- Submit tenders were appropriate including coordination of hard copies when required.
- Assist in growing the company sub-contractor database.
- To participate and support all Company initiatives in compliance of procedures and requirements for ISO9001, 14001 & 18001, FSC and Investors in People Standards.
Any other duties conducive to the effective operation of the post that the Company deemed to be within the post holder’s competence