Responsible to: Managing Director
Responsible for: Managing the Surveying, Estimating and Buying teams
Working hours: Monday to Thursday, from 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and Friday from 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Wage level: Competitive salary and remuneration package tailored to the successful candidate
BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years in a similar role within the construction industry.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills, be a team player and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent IT skills.
- High understanding of construction processes and sound knowledge of Construction contracts.
- Strong negotiator.
- Experience in preparing tender submissions and adjudication.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Examine company terms, conditions and procedures to ensure they stay relevant and make recommendations for necessary changes.
- Financial management of projects.
- Assist in the drive to increase of profit levels and turnover.
- Play an important role in marketing and corporate management of the business.
- Management / mentoring / training of Quantity Surveying and Buying teams.
- Must be prepared to travel in GB and on some occasions throughout Europe.
- Analyse financial KPIs and other reports that give insight into how the company can make adjustments to improve performance.
- Resolve any contractual and commercial issues.
- Assess and analyse contractual risks including preparation of pre-tender risk register. Make recommendations to ensure best project outcome, in line with company objectives.
- Work closely with the contracts management team on all financial matters.
- Ensure accurate and extensive reporting for monthly board meetings.
- Assist the Managing Director in various adhoc duties.
- To participate and support all Company initiatives with compliance of procedures and requirements for ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO 45001, FSC and Investors in People Standards.
- Any other duties conducive to the effective operation of the post which the Company deem to be within the post holder’s competence and operational requirements of the business may dictate that overtime may be required from time to time.