Responsible to: Company Accountant
Responsible for: Financial controls and assisting in the development and implementation of improved reporting requirements.
Working hours: 36.5 hours Monday-Thursday: 9.00am-5.00pm Friday: 9.00am-4.00pm
Wage level: Competitive salary and remuneration package tailored to the successful candidate.
- Minimum 5 GCSE/O’Levels including English and Maths
- Accounting Technician Qualification
- Studying towards CIMA would be an advantage
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Ability to produce accounts to Trial Balance.
- Computer literate, preferably with experience in Sage Line 200 accounting systems.
- Experience in Construction Industry is an advantage.
JOB SUMMARY/KEY TASKS
- Supporting the Company Accountant in the preparation of monthly financial statements, quarterly management accounts and annual statutory accounts.
- Supporting the company accountant in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assisting Company Accountant with internal and external audits as and when required.
- Ensuring necessary financial controls are in place and operating effectively along with the responsibility of closing down month-end
- Maintenance of nominal ledger and contract costing systems
- Preparing and submitting UK & Foreign VAT Returns, PAYE/NIC and Government Agency returns whilst ensuring the company is being vigilant and compliant with foreign taxes associated with foreign trade.
- Completing bank reconciliations for both Sterling and Euro currencies
- Processing bank payments and ensuring control of direct debits from the bank
- Undertake Reasonableness checking of transactions posted to the nominal ledger.
- Completion of statistical forms by deadlines provided.
- Monthly reconciliation of key nominal ledger control accounts.
- Preparation of daily cash sheets & cash reconciliations.
- Provide relief for all accounting functions in time of holidays & absence (i.e. Sales Ledger, Purchase ledger, Subcontractor Ledger & Payroll).
- Maintaining and updating the Fixed Assets Register.
- To participate, promote and support all Company initiatives with compliance to procedures and requirements for ISO9001, 14001, 45001 and FSC and Investors in People Standards.
- Any other duties are conducive to the effective operation of the post which the Company deem to be within the post holder’s competence.